St. John the Evangelist, Colemere
Situated at one end of the lovely wooded mere that is Colemere, the Church’s location remains an important part of its mission to visitors and residents alike. The church was designed by G E Street, one of the great architects of his age (he also restored York Minster and Salisbury cathedral). The foundation stone was laid on 3rd June 1869 and local stone, brought from Cefn by canal to Lyneal Wharf, was used in the construction.
Today the church stands out as the simple yet beautiful crown in the jewel that is Colemere. As members of the congregation of St John the Evangelist church, we believe we are called to be at the heart of the community, growing God’s Kingdom amongst residents and visitors by providing a visible Christian presence and witness.
Colemere, Ellesmere, SY12 0JQ
Open by Arrangement, Refreshments, Hearing Loop, Dementia Friendly, Toilets, Parking, Family Friendly.