Having borne witness to the worship of our Christian faith in the Parish of Cockshutt for nearly 600 years, Ss Simon & Jude (formerly the Church of St. Helena) continues to be the constant reminder of God’s presence in our lives. With the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ underpinning all that we do, our Church has reached out to innumerable people over the years in various ways.
If our work is to continue then we must raise funds to pay for:
- A significant annual contribution to the Common Mission Fund to pay for the cost of our clergy.
- The cost of energy for heating and lighting.
- Maintenance of the church so that it remains a safe and welcoming place to visit, for the present and future.
- Upkeep of our churchyard, which is much-loved and a haven for wildlife.
- Keeping the church open every day: the church provides a place of peace and tranquillity, whether for passers-by or villagers.
- The active support of charities, including RBL (Royal British Legion), Ellesmere Food Bank, The Children’s Society, Dementia Friends, and Christian Aid.
To continue our work we must rely on the many people who give freely and generously of their time, skills and money.
To all concerned we offer a huge thank you.
If you would like to make a contribution to the church then there are a number of ways you can use:
Visit Cockshutt Church
Please visit the church to see the information that is available. The church is open every day, from 10:00 to 16:00, and contributions may be made in the donations box.
Join us in the sunday service
Donations can be given on the offertory plate during the service or by using a bank card, with the card reader, after the service.
Single donations by direct bank transfer. Bank: TSB Ellesmere, Sort Code: 30-93-03, Account No.: 00093015, Account Name: Parochial Church Council of Cockshutt.
Monthly donations by direct debit can be made through the Diocese in Lichfield on our behalf, with gift aid being added to your donation, an added 25%. There is a leaflet from Lichfield Diocese explaining how it works and how to contribute. These are also available in Cockshutt Church.
You may wish to consider leaving a gift in your will to the Church of Ss Simon & Jude, Cockshutt. It is a wonderful way to show appreciation for what the Church does for us all in our Christian journey through life. Your gift would make a lasting impact to the Church and our Parish for future generations and would be gratefully received.
Please speak to our Treasurer for confidential help.
Please contact the wardens or PCC members for any other help you might need.
Fundraising helps to bring people together and can be entertaining and great fun. Concerts and suchlike are always worthwhile. Please check our Benefice Events page and join us, if you can. Please also Contact Us if you have any fundraising ideas.
Did you know that whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be raising free donations for Parochial Church Council OF Cockshutt with easyfundraising?
There are over 7,000 brands on board ready to make a donation – including eBay, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS, Booking.com and M&S – and it won’t cost you a penny extra to help us raise funds.
All you need to do is:
Go to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/pcccockshutt/?utm_campaign=raise-more and join for free.
Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.
After you’ve checked out, the brand will make a donation to Parochial Church Council OF Cockshutt at no extra cost to you whatsoever!
There are no catches or hidden charges and Parochial Church Council OF Cockshutt will be really grateful for your donations.
Thank you for your support.
Ss Simon and Jude Church, Cockshutt – Monthly prizes of £40, £20 and £10
At Ss Simon and Jude Church, Cockshutt. we would like to invite you to participate in our 200 Club Prize Draw. It would be wonderful if you joined us in this simple and entertaining way to help us save and protect our peaceful, rural church.
T’s and C’s for the 2022 – 2023 200 Club are below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The net proceeds, i.e. membership fees minus prizes, are for Ss Simon & Jude Church, Cockshutt.
2. The 200 Club is hereafter referred to as “the Club”. The Club is administered by the Parochial Church Council (“PCC”) of Ss Simon & Jude Church, Cockshutt (“the Church”) which reserves the right to change the terms and conditions as necessary. The address is 200 Club, Ss Simon & Jude Church PCC, c/o The Rectory, Shrewsbury Road, Cockshutt SY12 0JQ. Data will be used and stored appropriately and neither used for other purposes nor passed to third parties.
3. A “Member” is a person aged 18 years or older (proof of age may be required) who has satisfactorily completed the membership form and paid the appropriate membership fee. A member neither needs to be a member of the Church nor live in the parish of the Church.
4. The Club year runs from April to March. The current Club year is from April 2022 to March 2023. Membership ends automatically at the end of each Club year and arrangements for renewal will be made in sufficient time.
5. The membership fee of £12 per number, per Club year, is to be paid on or before the 15th of March prior to the commencement of the Club year. A member can have more than one number on payment of £12 per number, per Club year. A number is included in a monthly draw if the annual membership fee has been received before the 15th of March prior to the commencement of the Club year (or on the anniversary of the first standing order payment for members who joined in previous Club years) or on the 15th day of the previous month for members joining during a Club year. Joining during a Club year is permitted on payment of the £1 per number, per month, membership fee by one-off bank transfer, cash or cheque for the remaining months of the Club year. Refunds during a Club year are discretionary.
6. The preferred method of payment is by annual standing order (reference “200 Club”) or one-off bank transfer (reference “200 Club”) to the Church bank account given on the membership form. Cash and cheque (made payable to “Parochial Church Council of Cockshutt”) payments for the whole Club year are also possible. Payment for membership commencing during a Club year should be by one-off bank transfer, cash, or cheque.
7. Numbers will be drawn at a PCC meeting, after a service in the Church or another approved occasion. A member of the PCC, supervised by two members of the PCC (or approved substitutes) will perform the draw. Prizes will be awarded in descending order of value. Prizes will be distributed by cheque. Winning numbers and names and prizes will be displayed inside and outside the Church and published in the parish magazine. There is the option on the membership form to request anonymity when results are published.